Disputes often arises when one person leaps to the obvious and only possible solution. Only when all the information from all the people involved is taken into account the solution simply won’t work.
Good dispute management relies on understanding all the elements necessary to build the right outcome or agreement and it often requires considerable time to get there. Mutually agreed and negotiated outcomes that will last, are built on a bedrock of trust, clear understanding and appreciation of the needs of all involved.
When the dispute involves large numbers or groups of people any dispute management process must understand how groups work and how to keep them on track and working well together. Just as individuals are all different, so too are groups.
Good dispute management processes need to respond to the individual needs of groups and of group members quickly and respectfully and in ways that support and encourage all involved to rise to the possibilities of working together.
Expertise in communication, negotiation and decision-making underpins our leadership, training and research services. All our work is defined by a commitment to dialogue, inclusion and collaboration.
The promise of this Consultancy Service is:
- to listen respectfully and compassionately to your issues and concerns;
- to support a comprehensive and thoughtful exploration of those issues and concerns;
- to enable all involved to carefully and thoroughly consider all options and choices;
- to implement processes that are fair, timely and responsive;
- to ensure the systemic and situational dimensions of disputes are considered and reflected in the processes implemented;
- to evaluate independently and rigorously.
Services offered include:
- dispute system design;
- thought partnering;
- training and workshops.
For more information or for a confidential discussion of your matter please contact Rhiân Williams on 61 2 6230 2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org